Title of Programme: Visiting Research Fellowship for Developing Countries at Central European University in Hungary, 2014/15
Host/Provider: The fellowship program is supported by the Higher Education Support Program of the Open Society Foundations.
Fields of Study: The fellowship is awarded within CEU Departments: Public Policy, Cognitive Science, Economics, Environmental Science and Policy, Gender Studies, History (Modern and Early Modern), International Relations and European Studies, Legal Studies (Business Law, Comparative Constitutional Law and Human Rights Law), Mathematics and its applications, Medieval Studies, Nationalism Studies Program, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology and Social Anthropology. And within CEU Centers (each Center offers its research areas or topics for potential Fellows): Imperfections in Democracy, Business and Society, Climate Change and Sustainable Energy Policy, Eastern Mediterranean Studies, Ethics and Law in Biomedicine, EU Enlargement Studies, European Union Research, Integrity in Business and Government, Media and Communication Studies, Network Science, Policy Studies, Religious Studies, Cognitive Development Center, Regulatory Innovation, Open Society Archives Pasts Inc., Historical Studies.
Level (Degree): Fellowships will be offered to academics employed in higher education institutions, who wish to spend one or two semesters at CEU conducting original research that will lead to a groundbreaking publication in an international peer-reviewed journal.
Target Applicants: Fellows of Afghanistan, Angola, Benin, Bhutan, Botswana, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, China, Colombia, Congo (Brazzaville), Côte D’Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Indonesia, Iran, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Palestine, Peru, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe can apply for this visiting research fellowship.
• Applicants must be from eligible countries.
• Eligible applicants should be employed, full-time or part-time, in a teaching and/or research institution in their home country at the time of application;
• Eligible applicants should hold a PhD or equivalent and have a research record in an area that falls under one or more CEU academic unit (departments and research centers).
• Please note: those who are or who plan to be involved in projects, research, teaching, or other activities sponsored or co-sponsored by Open Society Foundations for the duration of the Research Fellowship are not eligible to participate in the program.
• Applications not meeting eligibility requirements will not be considered.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is by post and electronically. Application package should include:
-Completed application form;
-1500 – 2000 word research proposal;
-Photocopy of PhD certificate or equivalent;
-Two letters of reference – original letters should arrive in sealed envelopes signed across the seal, directly from the referee.
Photo by: http://blog.okfn.org/
Official page: http://www.ceu.hu/
Follow us on twitter! Follow @ScholarshipRNone found.