Title of Programme: PhD and MSc Graduate Scholarships for African Students, 2013
Host/Provider: African Development Bank
Fields of Study: The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture is offering scholarships related to the cassava value chain, in the field of Agronomy/Natural Resource Management; Postharvest, Mechanization; Gender; Agribusiness; Marketing; or any other closely related field.
Level (Degree): This scholarship is for pursuing PhD and Masters-MSc Graduate level at any reputable African University.
Target Applicants: The scholarships are open to nationals from any African countries (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
Eligibility/Requirements: -Candidates must satisfy the target university’s admission requirements for MSc or PhD studies.
– Candidates must have identified a supervisory Professor at a reputable target University in one of the eligible countries, who must have agreed to the research proposal written by the applicant.
– Strong preference is given to candidates already enrolled at a University, and who have finished all or most of the coursework requirements.
– Media for the thesis research program will be English, except for candidates from DR Congo where French may be used.
How to Apply: Candidates should apply by sending an email to IITA-TrainingUnit-at-cgiar.org. Please identify which SARD-SC position for which you are applying. All applicants are required to include:
(1) Bio data;
(2) BSc or MSc Certificate;
(3) A brief proposal of the research (one-page maximum);
(4) Endorsement letter by a supervisory Professor;
(5) Where applicable, proof of enrolment (Admission letter) at a reputable University;
(6) Where applicable, transcripts of MSc or PhD coursework at a reputable University.
(7) A completed version of the IITA Graduate Research Training – application form.
Photo by: ifad-un.blogspot.com
Follow us on twitter! Follow @ScholarshipRNone found.