Host/Provider: Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung/Foundation
Fields of Study: The Georg Forster Research Award is granted in recognition of a researcher’s entire achievements to date to academics of all disciplines whose fundamental discoveries, new theories, or insights have had a significant impact on their own discipline and beyond and who are expected to continue developing research-based solutions to the specific challenges facing transition and developing countries.
Level (Degree): Research
- The nominee must be recognised internationally as an outstandingly qualified academic (e.g. awards, positive responses to publications, etc.).
- The nominee’s future perspectives must indicate that she/he will continue to be an active, academically influential researcher in the coming years with relevance to the development of the nominee’s own county.
- The nominee must be exceptionally qualified to continue developing research-based solutions to the specific challenges facing transition and developing countries.
- The nominee must be a national of a developing or transition country (excluding People’s Republic of China and India; cf. detailed list of countries). At the time of nomination, he or she must have had his or her main residence and place of work in one of these countries for at least five years.;
- Detailed expert opinion (laudation) by an academic working at a research institution in Germany who would like to invite the nominee to spend time researching in Germany.
- Two expert reviews by important international academics and one from a German scientist/scholar;
- The Humboldt Foundation assumes that candidates will abide by the Rules of Good Scientific Practice during the application and sponsorship periods.
How to Apply: Apply here
Application Deadline: 15 May 2013
Official page: http://www.humboldt-foundation.de/
Photo by mbell1975