Title of Programme: Two Full-Time Psychology Scholarships
Host/Provider: Nottingham Trent University
Fields of Study: Psychology
Level (Degree): Postgraduate
Target Applicants: International
- Applicants for MPhil or PhD should either hold or be expected to hold a first class BPS accredited degree or a distinction at Masters level in a psychology related discipline.
- Overseas applicants whose first language is not English require an English languagequalification of at least IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent.
- Applications will only be accepted from new applicants. Current students who are alreadyregistered for a PhD are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
1. Application process
- Applications must be submitted by 9 am on Friday 15 February 2013
- Applications will first be considered by a selection panel who will prepare a short-list of those applicants to be invited for interview
- Interviews are expected to take place during March 2013
2. Application requirements
- Applicants are required to submit:
- A completed Nottingham Trent University research degrees application form, ensuring that you list at least one referee who is able to comment on your current and future academic achievement. If you have already been awarded a first class BPS accredited undergraduate degree or have achieved a distinction at Masters level in a sychological discipline, you should also attach the relevant transcript.
- An outline of your proposed research project (1,000-2,000 words including references). We do not expect you to have a fully-formed research proposal because this is part of the process of the PhD once it has begun (a process we term ‘project approval’). However, we do expect a clear and concise summary of your PhD topic area that includes key studies related to the project, some indication of why you feel that the topic area is interesting and worthy of research, and some indication of the aims and objectives that you feel are appropriate for the research you wish to conduct. In addition, you should cover someinformation relating to the methods that you envisage using to enable you to answer your research questions.
- If you are also applying for the VC Scholarships you must indicate that you wish yourapplication to be considered for both competitions in a covering letter along with clearly marked research proposal(s). You may wish to submit more than one research proposal depending on the VC Scholarship projects you are applying for.
3. By what criteria will applications be judged?
- The following criteria will be used to judge applications and rank candidates:
- The applicant’s current academic profile and any achievements or experience in areasrelated to their chosen research topic
- The applicant’s potential for undertaking a successful PhD project, as demonstrated by theapplication form, the outline of the proposed research project, and the interview (for shortlisted candidates)
- The extent to which the project fits with the research interests of academic staff within theDivision of Psychology
Application Deadline: 15 February 2013
Official page: http://www.ntu.ac.uk/
Photo by Nottingham Trent UniversityNone found.